1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
At VALMONT France, we are committed to protecting your privacy and value the relationship with our business partners, our customers and with any interested party in our company.
This Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) describes the types of information, including personal data (“Information” or “Personal Data”), that we collect about our business partners, customers and users of our website and Customer Portal, how it is used and processed, to whom we may disclose it, and your rights with respect to your Data.
For ease of reference, all capitalized terms not defined in the body of this Statement are defined in Section 5 below.
1 -WHO IS THE OWNER OF YOUR DATA?
The holder of the treatment of your data is the company VALMONT France SAS whose head office is located at “Les Martoulets”, 03110 CHARMEIL, tel 04 70 58 86 86, Siret 35142592100027
2 WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA?
The person responsible for processing your data is François FAYET, Director of Sites-CFO.
You can contact the person in charge at the following address: ” Les Martoulets “, 03110 CHARMEIL, tel 04 70 58 86 86, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In particular circumstances, such as cross-border issues, VALMONT France and its affiliates will be jointly responsible for your Information and will cooperate, to the extent necessary, to comply with our obligations under applicable laws.
3. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
VALMONT France collects Information that you provide voluntarily or that is collected by automated means, as indicated below.
The Information we collect about our business partners and customers in connection with the provision of our products and services is primarily corporate and business information.
1. Information you provide to us – If you choose not to provide us with your Information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. You can still view most of the content on our website, but you may not be able to access certain options, offers and services and we may not be able to register you and give you access to our Customer Portal.
Types of Information you may be asked for and therefore choose to provide:
• First and last name
• Email adress
• Mailing address of the company
• Phone number
• zip code
• For our Customer Portal, your login data (username and password)
– Bank and financial information necessary for us to make and receive payments
2. Information we obtain by automated means – VALMONT France also collects certain Information automatically when you visit our Web sites and our Customer Portal. This includes the following information:
• IP addresses and domain names
• Browser and platform type
• History of pages viewed on our websites
• Your language and cookie preferences
For more information about the cookies we use on our websites, please see the Legal Notice.
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Purposes of Processing – We use the Information we collect for the following purposes:
• To administer our websites
• To contact you and answer any questions you may have via our contact page
• To prepare, subscribe and execute contracts with you
•For credit collection and accounting
• For the management of orders and customer relations
• To communicate, at our discretion, chabges to this declaration
• To continuously improve our products and services
• To peronalize the content of our websites and provide you with a better experience
• To analyze trends and statistics
• To activate and manage the online accounts you have registered
2. Legal basis of the processing – VALMONT France may process your Information under different legal bases, namely :
• Preparing and taking out a contract with you ; and/or
• If necessary for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal right ; and/or
• Compliance with our legal or statutory obligations, such as anti-money laundering and fraud prevention regulations; and/or
• Your consent, as applicable; and/or
• Our legitimate interest
3. If you provide us with Third Party Information, you confirm that you have the legal basis (consent or other legal basis, as applicable) to do so and to share such Information with us and that you have made the contents of this Statement available to such Third Party.
5. HOW CAN WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We will not share, sell, license, trade or rent your Information to or with any third party (except as set forth below) without your consent.
We will only share Information in the following cases:
1. Affiliated Companies: we share Information within the Affiliated Companies of VALMONT France.
2. Law Enforcement Purposes: We disclose Information if we are requested or required to do so by government authorities (such as law enforcement authorities, courts and/or regulatory bodies) or to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we also disclose Information collected in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend our interests in legal proceedings.
3. Our third party service providers, agents and distributors (“Service Providers”): We share Information with our service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than to provide support, to share the Information we have disclosed to them, and they are required to protect your Information.
4. Transfert des Informations en dehors de l’Espace économique européen (« EEE ») : nous pouvons transférer des Informations à certains Sociétés affiliées situées en dehors de l’EEE. Such a transfer is made in accordance with our Intra-Group Data Transfer Agreement. Transfer to other third parties outside of the EEA will be by means of a data transfer mechanism in accordance with the standards of the DGR.
5. Fraud Prevention: We disclose Information when disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or is necessary to protect the safety, rights or property of our users, other persons and/or our own rights or property.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Information from unauthorized or unlawful processing and from accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to your Information to those employees who reasonably need it to provide products or services to you.
7. INFORMATION RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain the Information we collect as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described above or to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal right in accordance with applicable laws.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the DPSP and the privacy laws of other countries. These rights may vary depending on where you live and are subject to various conditions under applicable laws. In some cases, exercising your rights may make it impossible for us to achieve the objectives set out in Section 4.
If you wish to enforce your rights, please refer to section 10 below.
We will do our best to provide you with the requested information within the legal deadline. However, if access to the Information cannot be provided within a reasonable period of time, we will provide you with an explanation and the date on which the information will be provided. If, for any reason, access is denied, we will provide you with an explanation of the reasons for such denial.
Where applicable laws so provide, you have the following rights:
1. Access: you have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Data ;
2. Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
3. Opposition: you have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data. You have at any time the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes;
4. Portability: You may receive the Personal Information provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to have your Personal Data forwarded, where technically possible, to other Data Processors without hindrance. This right is applicable only if the Treatment is based on your consent or a contract and the treatment is carried out by automated means ;
5. Limitation: You may request the limitation of the Processing of your Personal Data in accordance with Article 18, paragraph 1, points a) to d) of the DPMR ;
6. Deletion: You may request the deletion of your Personal Data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it or when you have withdrawn your consent and there are no other legal grounds justifying the Processing or when you have objected and there are no overriding legitimate reasons justifying the Processing or when the Processing is unlawful or the deletion is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation ; Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
7. Right to lodge a complaint: you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and before the competent courts ;
8. Right to Refuse or Withdraw Consent: Where we ask for your consent, you are free to refuse to provide it and you may withdraw your consent at any time without suffering any adverse consequences of any kind. The legality of any Processing of your Personal Data carried out prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected;
For any rights you may wish to exercise or questions you may have about how we handle your information, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
10.AMENDMENTS TO THIS DECLARATION
We may update this Statement from time to time in accordance with legal requirements and/or any changes in our information management practices. If necessary, we will inform you of these changes. A copy of the latest version of this Statement will be available at any time on this page.
Affiliated companies: refers to the affiliated companies of VALMONT France, which are entities under common ownership or control of VALMONT.
Applicable Laws: means any applicable national data protection and privacy laws and, to the extent applicable, the DPMR.
Controller: the natural or legal person, public authority, service or other body that, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
DPMR: means the Data Protection Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the General Data Protection Regulation).
Information: all types of information about you, including Personal Data.
Personal data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing or Treatment: any operation or set of operations carried out or not using automated processes and applied to personal data or sets of data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, conservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, approximation or interconnection, limitation, erasure or destruction.
Supervisory Authority: means the national public supervisory authority that is competent to supervise and ensure compliance with any national data protection law falling within its competence.
Third Party or Third Parties: means a natural or legal person, a public authority, an agency or a body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or the processor, are authorized to process Personal Data.
Websites of VALMONT France’s affiliated companies: